Baked Curry Pumpkin with Lentils
Baked Curry Pumpkin with Chickpeas or Lentils
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Baking tray
- 500 gms Pumpkin
- 1 diced Brown Onion
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Preferred Curry Paste
- 2 cups Chickpeas or Lentils Canned or rehydrated/soaked
- 1 tin Coconut Cream
- Cut the pumpkin into sections and place in a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan until translucent.
- Add the curry paste and heat until the aromas release (a few minutes or so).
- Add the chickpeas/lentils and the coconut cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the pumpkin sections and place in the oven at 180 degrees until the pumpkin is cooked to your liking (1 to 1.5 hours).
I could not think of a better way to use up the last of our home grown pumpkin! This recipe and some variations of it are sure to be used over our coming Winter. We hope you enjoy! P.S. I miss Pete’s wonderful photo taking skills too! 😉