Air-Fried Falafels are such a versatile food. They go great with salads, in wraps or as a starter with this delicious lemon & avocado tahini dressing. With the perfect mix of chick peas, fresh herbs and spices, these falafels are simple to make and they come out of the air fryer light and crispy.
Air Fried Falafels
- Food Processor
- 1 3/4 cup dried chick peas pre-soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Avocado spray oil
- Soak dried chickpeas in filtered water overnight. Approx 18 – 24 hours before using.
- Place all ingredients into a large food processor. Process everything for about 15 seconds then use a spatula to scrape down the edges. repeat this step a few times until ingredients are well combined but not too mushy.
- Refrigerate combined ingredients for about 1 hour
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 3cm balls.
- Place the balls in the air fryer basket, slightly separated. Spray with avocado oil and cook at 200 degrees Celsius for approximately 10 min or until lightly browned – turning mid way.
- Note: try not to overcook as they will become too dry.
**DO NOT USE CANNED CHICKPEAS FOR THIS RECIPE…it won’t work.** Note: Mix up the flavours…add different herbs and spices, perhaps a bit of chilli or curry powder and create your own falafel recipe that suits your tastes. Just be sure to use dried chick peas that have been soaked overnight and not tinned ones.