Breakfast Vegetable Scramble
A delicious and healthy alternative to a traditional cooked breakfast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 small yellow squash cut into small wedges
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 med zucchini diced
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/4 capsicum diced
- 1/2 red chilli diced (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped (dried is ok or any other herb you prefer)
- 1 small avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat oil in a medium pan on a low to medium heat.
- Add squash and cook until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the red onion.
- Once heated through add the mushrooms, capsicum,chilli and thyme.
- Heat all the ingredients until suitably cooked and then serve.
You can add or swap out any of the vegetables for ones that you like. Some include tomatoes, artichokes or spinach just to name a few. You will also note that I made a creamy version. Simply add 1 tbsp per serve of Toffutti (dairy free sour cream) at the end, melting and stirring through.