Creamy Malaysian Tempeh Curry
- Blender or stick blender
- 300 g tempeh Cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews Soak in water at least 2hrs
- 1/2 cup oat milk (any plant based milk will do)
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 med sweet potato cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 large potato cut into 1 cm cubes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 clove garlic whole
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 125 g cherry tomatoes (optional) sliced in half
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 mild chilli (optional) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Malaysian curry powder (or whatever curry powder you prefer)
- 200 g coconut cream
- 1 tsp white pepper (optional)
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for 2 hours. Drain the then add 1/2 cup plant milk and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Steam the tempeh for 10 min then set aside to cool before cutting into 1cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a large pot over med/high heat. Add tempeh cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Alternatively, cook in an air fryer for oil free. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Add a little more oil to the pot and heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until garlic starts to brown.
- Add the curry powder, ginger. chilli and potato, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the cashew cream, and simmer approx 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cashew cream and simmer for a further 5 min, stirring regularly. (Add more water or plant milk if too thick)
- Serve with jasmine rice and chopped coriander to garnish.