Hearty Green Lentil & Quinoa Stew
This delicious and hearty Vegan stew is the ultimate comfort food. Not only is it filling and super satisfying, but being a 'one-pot dump and run' recipe it's quick and easy to make.
- Pressure cooker
- 1 cup dry green lentils rinsed
- 1/2 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 med carrots diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cups stock (I used Massel chicken which is plant based)
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp soy sauce tamari for gluten free
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Once prepared, place all ingredients into a pressure cooker, give it a bit of a stir and lock the lid in place.
- Set the pressure cooker on high for 8 min (will take about 5 minutes to build up pressure).
- Once the 8 minutes is up, leave lid locked and pressure on and allow to sit for 5 min on "keep warm".
- Release pressure, remove lid and stir. ( you can leave on keep warm for a while extra if need be).
- Serve as is or with some toasted Turkish bread.
Tip: This dish improves with time, so make it a day ahead, refrigerate and heat up the next day…if you can resist it. Also makes a great savoury pie filling. Can also be made on stovetop or slow cooker but would require longer cooking times.