Pete’s udon noodles with broccolini and pak choy
A delicious Japanese style noodle dish with a delicate sweet soy flavour with crisp stir fried vegetables.
- 4 bundles udon or soba noodles
- 400 gm mushrooms sliced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 2 bunches pak choy
- 1 red capsicum (optional) sliced
- 1 large red chilli (optional) sliced
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (high smoke point e.g. grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 100 ml soy sauce low sodium if possible
- 2 tbsp brown sugar you can also use agave or any sweetener you prefer
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. quickly stir through 1 tbsp of oil and set aside.
- Mix together soy, sugar, garlic, ginger and stock in a separate bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large pan.
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add the pak choy, capsicum, chilli and broccolini and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the soy mix and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- add the noodles and sesame seeds stirring through thoroughly to combine all ingredients.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
Do not over cook the noodles as they will continue to cook when added to the wok. Before adding the noodles to the wok, rinse quickly under hot water to separate if stuck together.