Dairy free raita
This is my take on the traditional indian raita. Raita is a yoghurt based dipping sauce which is traditionally used to accompany spicy foods. It is similar to Greek tzatsiki and goes perfectly with my black bean meatless meatballs or to dip your roti bread in while enjoying a bowl of Dahl 2.0.Or why not put it on a burger or wrap? Do it your way…
- 1 500gm tub of plain coconut yoghurt Go for the most neutral flavour
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber finely diced
- 1 med lemon juiced
- 1 small bunch of dill finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of mint leaves finely chopped
- Simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve.
- refrigerate any leftover (you will have to stir again after refrigerating as the lemon juice will separate slightly)
Make it your way…add chilli, lime, cumin or whatever takes your fancy. Enjoy!