The ultimate meat replacement dish to have on its own, with rice or any other asian dish.
- 400 gm firm tofu 1-2 cm cubes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 100 ml soy sauce low sodium if possible
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Place the tofu in a freezer bag or dish for marinating.
- Combine all the other ingredients except cornflour in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour half of the mixture in with the tofu making sure tofu is well covered.
- Place tofu in the fridge for at least an hour to marinade. (the longer the better)
- Add cornflour and 1 tbsp of the oil to the remaining marinade. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a wok or large pan.
- Add tofu and toss over high heat until browned.
- Lower to a medium heat and add the rest of the sauce.
- Stir occasionally and allow sauce to reduce.
- Once sauce has reduced and has become sticky, sprinkle with sesame seeds and lightly toss.
- Serve with sliced shallots.