Thai sweet potato and carrot soup
A wonderfully satisfying dish jam packed with nutrients. Thick sweet potato soup with the taste of curry spices, lime and coconut makes this a meal that you will want in your regular meal rotation.
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil for frying
- 1 kg sweet potato diced
- 2 med carrots chopped
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes optional – to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond flakes toasted
- 1 bunch coriander chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Heat the oil in a large pot on medium to high heat
- Add the carrots and onion and fry for around 6 minutes or until carrot is softened slightly. Stir frequently.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli, curry powder and smoked paprika, stirring for a couple of minutes until well distributed.
- Add the sweet potato, coconut milk and vegetable stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for around 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Blend soup with a food processor, blender or stick blender until smooth
- Pour soup back into the pot, add salt, pepper, lime juice and zest then warm up on medium heat for about five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toast almond flakes in oven or air fryer until lightly browned.
- Serve the soup and garnish with almonds and chopped coriander