Taste the flavours of watermelon, ripe raspberries with a hint of lemon and mint.
This icy fruit desert resembles sorbet and is the perfect complement to any meal, or to have as a refreshing, guilt free snack on a hot summer’s day. With no added sugar and a very low calorie count, you can enjoy Granita as often as you like.
Watermelon and Raspberry Granita
- 1/8 large seedless watermelon rind removed and diced into chunks
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mint roughly chopped
- 1 cup water
- Place the chopped watermelon, raspberries, lemon and water into a blender and blend until smooth
- Place into a large container and freeze
- Once completely frozen, break up the mixture and place back into the blender.
- Add the mint and blend through completely
- Pour back into the container and return to the freezer
- To serve, once frozen, remove from the freezer and allow it to stand for a few minutes.
- Scrape the frozen block with a strong metal fork, cross hatching for a finer shave.
- Scoop into chilled glasses and serve with a sprig of mint